Celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, and Angelina Jolie are fans of the innovative treatment, Micro-Needling.
Micro-Needling induces Collagen Production, which improves skin tone/texture, and reduces pigmentation, wrinkles, pore size, acne scars, traumatic scars, and stretch marks.
(Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT):
Micro-Needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that naturally helps trigger collagen and elastin synthesis within the skin; working from the inside out, with maximum results and minimum down-time. It is a procedure that uses a handheld machine that creates micro-channels into skin. The idea is that the skin responds by making new collagen-rich tissue, resulting in smoother, firmer and more even toned skin.
1 Treatment - $175
Package of 3 - $475
Package of 6 - $950
Micro-Needling at Luxe Spa is used on your face to target:
- Premature skin aging
- Acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation or age spots/sun spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Large pores
- Other types of scars
- Reduced skin elasticity
- Uneven skin tone
- Micro-Needling is minimally invasive, requiring no downtime. You’ll experience minor redness and irritation that can last a few hours, and up to a few days after the procedure. Ask your esthetician about what should be expected with your particular skin type.
- The procedure is not safe for people who use certain acne medications and women who are pregnant.
- Before getting started, your esthetician will use a topical cream to keep you comfortable. During the procedure, your esthetician makes small channels under the skin with pen-like tool. Your esthetician will move the tool evenly across your skin so the new skin that rejuvenates will be even, as well.
- Your esthetician will then apply a mask or serum, based on the service and your skin needs, and will suggest a specific skincare product to use post-treatment to encourage and enhance results. In total, you can expect to be in your appointment for approximately 1 hour.
- You can continue with normal life 4-hours after the procedure. Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun, so sunscreen should be worn.
- After Micro-Needling, your skin works fairly quickly to rejuvenate new tissue. You should see results within a couple of weeks.
Recommended treatment plan:
Your esthetician will advise you on the best plan of action based on your individual goals. Complimentary consultations prior to booking any treatment is always available by calling the spa.
Risks and side effects:
Like all cosmetic procedures, Micro-Needling isn’t without risk. The most comment side effect is minor skin irritation immediately following the procedure. You may also see redness for several days.
- You may not be an ideal candidate for Micro-Needling if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have certain skin diseases, such as psoriasis or eczema
- Have open wounds
- Have had radiation therapy recently
- Have a history of skin scars, or scarring of skin
You need to stop taking certain medications such as ibuprofen and those for acne treatment, as well as topical retinoids 24 hours before the procedure